HOW TO PROMOTE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORK PLACE
**NEXT COURSE: 20 SEPTEMBER 2018. LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE, BOOK NOW**
An effective organisation is one which creates an inclusive environment where workers are valued and treated with respect and dignity - regardless of their race, colour, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability and other characteristics – and thrive and strive to maximise their full potential for the benefit of the organisation and themselves.
This one-day course aims to teach students the power of embracing diversity and inclusion in an organisation. It will enable leaders, managers and their teams to develop their ability to understand the nature and origins of personal values, beliefs, attitudes and prejudices, and the impact these can have on the organisational behaviour.
The training will cover:
- What is diversity, what is Inclusion and what is the difference?
- Examination of personal values and beliefs systems and their impact
- Why do diversity and Inclusion matter?
- The inclusion model
- Factors influencing organisational inclusion
- Managing cultural change, challenges and seeking buy in
- Building the Business Case for diversity and inclusion and moving from compliance to best practice
- Measuring diversity & inclusion success
- Diversity and inclusion 90-day action planning
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the relevance of diversity and inclusion in the work place
- Develop and implement diversity and inclusion policies and procedures in the work place
- Explore the role of organisations in achieving diversity and inclusion
- Apply effective management practices to promote equality, diversity and inclusiveness and preventing discrimination
- Be and understand of their own culture, biases, prejudices, and stereotypes
- Apply knowledge and skills to challenge and change organisational practices that constitute barriers to different diverse groups and fostering culture change in organisations
- Understand how the effective management of diversity and inclusion relates to strategic changes in organisations.
Duration: 1 day – 09.30 – 5.00 pm
One day course: 09.30 – 5.00 pm
Venue: Park Inn By Radisson Peterborough
With Lunch, water, and 3 servings of tea/coffee and a bite